Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tiger Belt!!!!

Let me start by saying that I am not the best karate mom. I thought Gage was getting his yellow belt today. Ummmm...I was wrong.
He was getting his Tiger belt today which is apparently an orange belt with a tiger patch on it, and whatever.
I'm excited for him, but being the piss-poor mom that I am, I built the kid up about yellow because....well, that's the one that I thought came next!

Well....so, I tried to have a "yellow" theme for the day, so Gage picked out these shoes for me to wear:

{Yes, I know that they are gold, not yellow. Yes, I know that today was about HIM testing for his belt, not me. But, if you know my child, then you will know that (1) he chose these shoes for me at the store, and (2) shoes are important to him. Whether they are my shoes, or his shoes, or your shoes---he knows if our whole family is wearing flip-flops at the same time...he knows what he likes & doesn't like in a good shoe, mmmmkay? And the shoes he chose for me were glittery gold. I obliged. They're fun.}

We had fun with Ranger this morning....



Gage got to go swimming at Memaw's while I had to go to the dentist.
My dentist experience will be perhaps a post of it's own on a different day.

After the dentist, I retrieved Gage from his grandparents' home...and we went to "The Depot" (Home Depot) where we got a few plants to replace the extremely thirsty (read: brown & dead) plants in the pots on my back patio where the sprinkler heads don't reach & I can't remember to water them as I should.
Anyway...the new ones are lovely.
And no, I didn't even take them out of their plastic pots...I just left them in the black plastic pots they came in & set the whole freakin' thing in the ceramic pots already out there on the patio. After all, I don't know how long they'll be staying (read: surviving) and this really makes moving them (to the trash can when they're dead) easier. Am I right???

What came next?
Oh, then I busted my hiney cleaning house...except doing the dishes because I just didn't have it in me to unload the dish washer. {I just HATE unloading the dishwasher...} But, I did sweep & mop and dust and clean the whole patio, and made beds, and did lots of other stuff. Makes up for not doing the dishes in my book.

And then----karate time! Where Gage earned his Tiger Belt. {...and it's got a yellow stripe down the middle...so see, there's SOME yellow on it!}





And how have I ended this day?
I've eaten a bowl of mac & cheese for dinner (there's protein in there somewhere, right?), had 3 oreos for dessert, and now I've completed a few blog posts.
My house is not spotless, but that's okay.
My child is in bed wearing miss-matched dinosaur pajamas & looking at his dinosaur encyclopedia. The dog is asleep on my shoes, and Hubby is ironing.

Sadly, I must return to work tomorrow.
Oh, how I'd rather stay home!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:13 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Wow, Gage is one tan kid! HAHA

Congrats on the tiger belt. That's awesome!

 
At 12:08 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

What a little stud. I'm loving his hair!! Way to go on the Tiger belt!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home