Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, February 12, 2007

Words...

"The things you say as you learn to speak, change everyday, even more so each week, the language is not easy, but you continue to seek, new words to turn upside down in your cheeks." by Gina Marie Lauchner



Gage has some new words...or words that I'm not sure I have shared...
"Apoos" = apples
"Missssss" = mess
"Hah-Hah" = hot, hot
"No No" = I know I shouldn't, but I'm going to do it anyway. This is often said while Gage is shaking his head. Alternate meaning: I don't want you to do that (as in, I don't want you to change my diaper because it requires me to be still for more than 15 seconds at a time--Just try to catch me[as he takes off running]!)


And still, my favorite: "uh-oh" = I dropped it; I broke it; I spilled it; I threw it; or, it's open, it's closed, it's somehow not quite right.

Uh-oh.
Gosh I just Love it when he says that!

...and speaking of L-O-V-E...
Often, when I rock him to sleep at night, I whisper to him about "how much Mommy loves you"...and I constantly say "I love you, buddy."
So...Saturday night, I was gone.
Gage was up until after MIDNIGHT!
I came home before then, but apparently he just was NOT going to bed until MOMMY gave him his bottle & rocked him. He walked about the house saying, "Mama Luv". Damon said it was so sad & sweet at the same time. Sad because he was missing me & I was not there. Sweet because...well, it was just sweet! And, it was the first time he said "Luv"...and he made a phrase.
:)

I love my little buddy!

1 Comments:

At 12:21 PM , Blogger CBM said...

Awww... That's one of those little nuggets you will never forget. I still remember the moment I knew with certainty that Ava knew I was her mother, different than all the other loving adult helpers. Ginger was holding her and something was said about "Mama," and she turned toward me and reached. She knew "Mama" even if she couldn't say it yet.

And I remember the first day she asked for me by name too. It was the day we arrived in our new home town, in a hotel, in the grandparents' adjoining room while I was showering. She had awakened before I got finished to feed her, and my mother-in-law said she kept asking for "Mama" (not that way babies babble Mamamamama either). It was her first word. The day she turned nine months old. Hearing her call me "Mama!" for the first time when I finally arrived with her breakfast will always be one of my favorite memories of her babyhood.

You really can't remember everything, but some things touch you in a way that makes you remember forever. "Mama luv" sounds like one of those super-sweet things. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home