Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, February 09, 2007

Lunch?



Why, yes, that is a car engine picture right there.
And why would that be under the post title, "Lunch?"

Let me tell you a story...

My Idiot Husband...(stories that begin with this little phrase are usually quite humorous & worth the read)...Well, my Idiot Husband was home from work yesterday (remember the whole subpoena incident...yeah, that was yesterday too...) Anyway...he was home sick. I get home as my Thursday night class was cancelled. My husband was not home. He ran to the store for something. So...I start on the dishes...I wipe up the counters....and I was GOING TO wipe out the microwave.

Mistake.

Never should have even looked in the microwave. But, I did.
It looked like he had microwaved a dirty, black-grease-covered car part for lunch.

Who here does not know that you don't put metal in the microwave?

So, I call my idiot husband. He's walking through the door at the same time. He didn't want me to find this mess. He didn't want me to see all of this. And furthermore, he didn't want to have to explain what happened to our BRAND NEW microwave.

The microwave: stainless steel & black. Matches all of the kitchen appliance. We just got it as a Christmas gift.

So...what happened? You know those metal & plastic travel mugs for coffee? He MICROWAVED one. Just wanted to heat his coffee up a bit. The metal...well, I wasn't there, so I can't exactly say what the metal did, because I have NEVER witnessed what happens when you put metal in the microwave & let it run for a minute or two while you just walk away & do whatever. The plastic---it melted everywhere, or exploded, or something. The WHOLE inside of the microwave is coated in black-explosion---or remnants of flames that may have been in there. Who knows what happened on the interior of that little box.... I just know that it looked like he tried to heat car parts for lunch.

and when I saw it.....apparently he had already tried to clean it up, and it was "greatly improved" from what it DID look like.

Yum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home