Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, February 05, 2007

City Mouse...

So I'm thinking about this...
Damon wants to eventually move to the country.

Um no.
I'm such a city girl.
Give me a Starbuck's, and my own car...point me in the direction of the nearest mall.

The country.
I think of rodents running wild in grand prairies that people refer to as their front yard.
I think of those grandiose prairies, and the maintenance & mowing they require.
I think of the pitch-black night skies.
I think of all these things & I have the sudden urge to eat at some urban-ecclectic non-chain restaurant & then go shopping!

The reality: living in the country seems to require planning on the part of the homeowner...and I'm more of the "fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants" kind of gal.
I don't want to live anyplace where the phrase, "go into town" might work its way into my vocabulary & out of my mouth!

So, we're country mouse & city mouse.

Wells freak me out.
Corn fields freak me out.
Not THAT fond of horses...not that they scare me, but they require care, and a barn, and stuff like that.
Never mowed, and never intend to.
Ticks freak me out, and I think they have a lot of them in the country.
I'm afraid of the dark, and it's always darker in the country.
If a psycho held me hostage in my house, who would hear me scream?
Dirt roads suck.

Okay. If you live in the country---please don't take offense.
These are just my opinions.
There are things about city life that suck too. But to me, they just don't suck too much.
:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home