Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!



Well, for dinner last night, Damon took me to Dakota's in downtown Dallas.
Soooooooooooooo yummy. I can't even tell you how WONDERFUL our dinner was...
www.dakotasrestaurant.com


Damon & I just after we finished eating...


We ate inside, but they have an outdoor area as well.
This is a view from street level, looking down into the outdoor area, as the restaurant is located underground.

And...for our 5 course menu....here's what I had! (Because I really don't feel like I can go on ENOUGH about how great the food was...)

Amuse Bouche: Proscuitto wrapped figs with toasted pistachios, & a fig balsamic reduction. (I didn't care for this toooooo much. It was okay, but I'm not a big fig fan...)

First Course: Seared Diver Sea scallops, crispy parsley, brown butter, croutons, and lemon capers. (The scallops...oh, it was like they were so tender that they'd just fall apart! Not rubbery at all...as we all know some scallops can be...these were just fabulous, and hands down---my favorite part of the meal. Pass me a whole plate of these!!!!!)

[For Damon's 1st course, he had potted foie gras, cherries, brandy, puff pastry, & leeks]

Second Course: Filet Mignon and lobster tail, cognac sauce, bearnaise sauce, asparagus, and roasted garlc mashed potatoes. (Damon & I both had this. Oh, so very perfect & wonderful. Perfect sauces...perfectly cooked meat...just perfect.)

Third Course: St.Andre cheese (I could have done without....but, whatever), port & cranberry preserves, garlic Crostini, & toasted walnuts (soooo yummy!)

Dessert: Volrohna fudge cake, blackberries, whipped cream, and vanilla bean ice cream. (Very excellent)

[Damon had the Maple Creme Brule, with red currants, vanilla wafer cookies, and a burnt sugar crust. Now, my chocolate cake was good...but his creme brule was out of this world with flavor. I probably ate half of it.]

So........we had great food.
I can't wait to go back.
I'd like to order a plate of scallops (although, I didn't see it on the menu...) and a tub of that creme brule (yes, that's right...I want a TUB of the stuff!)

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home