Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Hostess with the Mostest!

Well, not long after Easter, Eliette and I headed to Tyler to co-host a baby shower, in honor of Little Miss Lara Grace, who will soon be joining our family.


Well, I played Hostess (barely) and Eliette was the Mostest! Fo' real! If all eyes weren't on her, she just wasn't having it... "Oh, I'm not the star today? Well nobody told me. We will just have to see about that!"
Casey, the mom to be, had a bazillion gifts to open, and Eliette tried to be right there in the middle of it all. I tried to entertain her with snacks and whatever we could find.










It's just amazing to me to think about how far we've come in a year. About a year before this shower, many of these same women all came together for my shower. There I sat at Casey's shower, thinking about that. It was hard to believe that in just a year, my baby was born, here and grown to the point of walking and twirling about in my mom's living room. Just crazy. Wonderfully crazy.

...and when the party was over, one little girl was happy to be entertained by Buddy (Darnin & PawPaw's dog). See....Buddy's so big and strong...and mischevious at times that he and Bitty (our nickname for Eliette) don't get to actually BE around each other all that much. When Buddy's not super-excited and calms-the-f%*#-down, he's pretty awesome.

Where's Buddy?


Oh, here he comes! Thank you, PawPaw.


Yay! That was fun!
Let's do it again.

{As an aside, Daddy and Gage were happy to send us girls off to Tyler for a few days while they did stinky-boy-stuff!}

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 3:04 PM , Blogger Miss A said...

I am so behind on writing blog posts and reading blogs. Miss E looks so beautiful. Why do we let our babies grow up? Can't they just stay little??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home