Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, June 15, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day, 2012.
Wow.
I'm waaaaaay behind in blogging!
Sorry. {that's all I've got...}

 Gage, signing his Mother's Day cards....and then our trip to the Bass Pro Shop for fun....











 We also made a yummy new cake recipe for our evening cook out....


Clearly, Darnin, Pawpaw, & Mario came in for the weekend. They actually all came to see Gage's t-ball game on Saturday, but it was rained out. We planned a cook out for that night, and the inlaws came too. It was fun. There was some backyard ball throwing, eating, and smore making.
:)












Pictures of my amazing homemade Mother's Day cards, and the super handsome guy who made them for me.... (check it: I'm 33 inches tall, and my favorite food is "salid." My favorite part by far: "She always says 'Good Morning.'" How sweet is that? I don't necessarily notice that I always say "good morning." Or, I didn't until I realized that he notices it. It makes me feel like a good mom.)




Sunday morning brought  church. Darnin stayed in town, and went to church with me. It was wonderful that she did....

After church, Darnin had to hit the road to Mema's house.
I had plans with Gammy for Mother's Day. Hubby wasn't feeling well, so he stayed home... We missed him, but we didn't cancel our plans.

We hit the road to Gammy's assisted living for our Mother's Day lunch date.
Gage slept the whole way....
When we arrived, Gammy was putting on her finishing touches, and Gage was a happy, well-rested camper.

Our afternoon Mothers Day plans included a trip to the Dallas Zoo. Gage invited Gammy. I never dreamed that she'd say "yes," but she did!!!!! What an adventure!


We arrived just in time to check out the bird show. In all of the times we've been to the zoo, we've never sat down and watched the bird show. It was pretty cute, and we all enjoyed it.
Pictures from the bird show and our zoo trip:








It was a GREAT day. At the end of our zoo visit, we took Gammy back home. We were barely out of the parking lot from the assisted living when I looked back into the back seat....
He was sooooo tired. He slept all the way home.

So again, he woke up refreshed and ready to go! He took me out to the front yard to throw the football. He let me know that I can't catch, and I really need to work on throwing it too. Yeah....that's why we were out there: for Mommy to practice.

It was a long & adventurous day.
I wouldn't have had it any other way!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:17 AM , Blogger kim-d said...

Hey to you!

With the exception of the t-ball cancellation, it looks like Mother's Day 2012 was a complete success. A few observations: 1) Gage has gotten so tall!!! No wonder he has to take naps; it takes a lot of energy to do all that growing! 2) Darnin' looks terrific, and I am so glad, and 3) Gotta love Gammy going to the zoo!

And there was never any doubt about you being a good Mom. :)

 
At 7:45 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

You look beautiful in the picture before church!!!! Can't wait to see you soon!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home