Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Truth About the Zen Spa in Rockwall.

Should anyone google "Zen Spa in Rockwall Complaints" or "Zen Spa Rockwall", or "Zen Spa & Skin Care" or "Zen Spa Coupons" or "Zen Spa+Rockwall" or "Zen Spa in Rockwall has a super-sucky man who runs the place" or "Suck It, Zen Spa", I hope they end up on my blog.
I will NEVER return to the Zen Spa in Rockwall.

We had a gals day planned there... 4 of us gals getting our fingers & toes done. That's 40 fingers & 40 toes that they made money on that day.

But, at least 10 of those fingers & 10 of those toes will get manicures and pedicures elsewhere based on an interaction with the male manager, owner, pompous-ass-who's-just-paid-to-walk-around-and-be-a-general-tool that I had the displeasure of being exposed to that day.

Here are some pics from the event:



Yes, I know. It seems contradictory that I would post pics of us all smiling & what-not, when all I have to say are negative things about the place.
I agree.
I'm actually quite disappointed in myself, and my own response to the previously referenced pompous ass.

Now, let me get to it: the story.

So, we had a gals date planned, and suddenly, it was going to be possible for my mom to come into town that same weekend for a quick visit. So, Mom wanted to tag along for the fun gal's outing. Mom's getting chemo, and just can't risk infection right now, so getting a manicure or pedicure at a public place where let's be honest, there IS an increased risk of cross-contamination, improper cleaning, etc. Well, she can't take those kinds of risks right now. So, she wanted to join us, and just enjoy the conversation and gossip and all that goes along with a mad-gab-get-together.

So, we arrive. Mom & I were last to arrive. The 3 ahead of us were seated. When it was my turn to be seated, we headed that way, and I moved a standard seating chair over to be near the pedicure chairs. I handed the chair to the man who was showing me to my seat, and I asked him to place the chair in the space between where I was to be seated, and Amanda (who is seated to my right in the above photos). I would have put the damn chair there myself, but he was in my way. When I asked him to put the chair there, he said, "No." Long pause. Then he repeatedly said that my mother needed to sit in the front of the spa & wait for me to be done.

What I wish I'd done:
Dropped the bottle of his nail polish that I was holding, and simply walked out.
ORRRR....
Dropped the bottle of his nail polish that I was holding, and given him a piece of my mind.

What I did instead: slowly closed my mouth as my jaw was hanging open, and said, "Well, we'd like her to be back here with us" and "can't she just sit back here with us?" Things of that nature. I didn't want to ruin the event for the other girls, but at the same time, I didn't really stand up for what I felt was just completely rude.
His response wasn't even what was so completely rude. It was his tone when he spoke to me and my mother, his general disrespect for both of us, and his mannerisms. If he'd said, "I am so sorry, we can't do that because the fire marshall....blah, blah, blah" I would have been accepting. If he had extended one cell of brain power toward problem solving and spoken in a kind tone, I would not likely have walked away from this experience with the awful feeling that I have about the Zen Spa.
HE WAS RUDE. AND HE SPOKE TO ME AS IF I WERE BENEATH HIM IN SOME HEIRARCHY IN HIS HEAD.

So, in the end, I didn't walk out.
I got the mani & pedi that I'd scheduled.
I sat & chatted a bit with the gals, all the while steaming inside & wishing I'd walked out instead of sitting down.
I tipped the gals who did my nails.
But I didn't speak another word to him.
My mother wouldn't even look at him.

To the world I say: there will never be any circumstance under which I need my nails done so badly that I would EVER return to that place. If I do happen to step foot through those spa doors, it will only be to re-create some Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman scene! "Big Mistake! Huge!"

In the future, when or if the topic of salons in Rockwall comes up in conversation, I will tell EVERYONE WHO WILL LISTEN just what an AWFUL and rude experience I had when I was a customer there.

Nail Salon to AVOID:
Zen Spa & Skin Care
2455 RIDGE ROAD, SUITE 123
ROCKWALL, TX 75087

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 6:27 PM , Blogger kristi said...

One of my friends lives in Rockwall, I will take your advice and pass it along! I live in Kaufman, only 20 min. away.

 
At 6:54 PM , Blogger Kate said...

No one deserves to be treated like that. Steering business AWAY from that jerk is probably the best revenge!

 
At 7:33 AM , Blogger Courtney said...

Sorry that happened. I chose the gals day at Zen Spa on recommendation from another gal who said she loved it! Next spa day we will have to try another one. There are about a billion around here.

 
At 6:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lainey you are a classy lady taken the high road.

Me not so much. I would have made him feel like an ass, made a scene and I'm sure all my friends & I would have walked out.

So sorry that happened to you and your mom.

 
At 9:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My family members went there today, and got horrible service from the "guy" you are talking about! I'm going to write a complaint on yelp, but found your review! Completely agree! Bad service! When they got there with an appt., he said they didn't have time to do the Shellac service, while he was busy taking walk-ins and providing whatever service they requested. He mumbled in his language the whole time, and asked for my family member's drivers licence number which he was going to write down and keep in his books incase the card didn't go through. If the card was not going to go through, it would tell him right then and there, right? There are much better salons in Rockwall, don't go to Zen Spa, they are horrible!!!!!!

 
At 8:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN, I don't know how jerks like him can stay in business! I've experienced his rudeness but only once. I did walk out on him and will never go back!!!!

 
At 7:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!! I was going there TODAY and going to take my daughters...Nevermind! Mission accomplished & thank you because if someone treated my girls in a rude manner....Katy bar the door!! Mama bear will attack!

 
At 2:16 PM , Blogger Jamie T. Pruitt said...

I agree. The girls were amazing and the owner/manager (male) was disrespectful and rude. I will never go to this place again. BAD BUSINESS.

 
At 7:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

All these comments mirror my own assessment of this guy. Too bad as some of the girls are very nice.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home