Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday!

Okay, so I am one of those crazy people who LOVES Black Friday shopping.
I love it.
I look forward to it all year.
I'm nuts, I know.

That crazy lady on the Target commercials who's training for the event? Yeah, that's me.

Normally, I eat my Thanksgiving meal, and then map out & plan out my shopping. And, normally I go alone.

This year, I had helpers!!!!
The helping started at home.

This little guy happily used a Sharpie to circle AAALLLLL the things he'd like for Christmas. Unfortunately for him---many of them were "M for Mature" rated video games for gaming systems that we don't even know. But..whatever.

Another helper? My mom. My mom came into town to be my official line-holder. If you don't know how it goes, well, let me break it down for you. You may or may not wait in line for hours for a store to open up. The doors open. You get your items, as do all the other people who got into the store at the same time you did, or before. So, you head to the check out. You may spend even MORE time waiting in line to check out than you did for the store to open up. So, my mom volunteered to be my line holder. How sweet is that?
We didn't exactly end up doing it that way because we enjoyed looking & shopping together...

Anyway.... We left the house around 9:30pm so that we could be at Toys R Us for their 10pm opening.
Excited Much???



Toys R Us...Guess what? The store I was at didn't freaking open at 10PM. TOYS R US EXPRESS SUCKS! Why is Toys R Us Express so crappy? Well, they didn't open at 10pm like all the regular Toys R Us stores. They also didn't honor the "frequent shopper" coupons that the Toys R Us company emailed me for use on Black Friday. AND, they didn't honor the Toys R Us pricing which was advertised in their newspaper insert. I have many complaints about Toys R Us Express from that night.

But...the show had to go on.
Walmart @ Midnight.
Who were my helpers there? Courtney & Lindsey! There was something I wanted across the whole store from where I was. So, they grabbed it for me. Cell phones are wonderful things.

Checked out there... Then Courtney & Lindsey went to Old Navy, I think...
We went to Game Stop.
After that, we all met up at the Waffle House.
Nice, huh?
IHOP had a line....so we went to the Waffle House instead.



I think Mom & I hit 4 more stores before quitting time...
Lindsey & Courtney went to Target. They said that it was soooo awful. By the time they got in, all the carts were gone, several of their wanted items were gone, and the line to check out was not worth waiting for. That's been my experience at Kohl's each time I've been there on Black Friday. I normally do Target...but it's never been as nutso as their experience was...

So...Mom & I made it home around 9:30 or so. We ate breakfast (again), and put on jammies. We climbed into my bed & slept until about 1:15 that afternoon.
My goodness, it was a LONG night! It was fun, and I'd totally do it all over again...but it was long.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 7:18 PM , Blogger Kate said...

I love hearing your Black Friday tales!

That is so annoying about Toys R Us Express. What the heck?!?

 
At 7:25 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

Next year I am going to pay you to shop for me. Also, I made the cornbread dressing the way you did with the mix but balanced the sweet with garlic croutons. The kids loved it.

 
At 7:33 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Sounds like you were successful! We only hit WalMart at midnight and got all but one thing on our list.

 
At 8:11 PM , Blogger Stephanie and Jeff Stovall said...

So interesting!!! I have NEVER been black Friday shopping. Can you believe it?!? I would love to know what great deals you got. They have to be pretty good in order to deal with the craziness! But, I am assuming they are all gifts, so divulging savings may not be good idea. :)

 
At 3:30 AM , Blogger kristi said...

Ugh I am so not a shopper and prefer online. My sister does what you do and she loves it!

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

You make it look like so much fun, Lainey Painey!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home